There is no exercise, supplement, or magic pill method out there that will make you lose 50lbs over night. There may be supplements out there that promote fat-loss, but you also have to make sure your diet and your training regimen are fully in check for these types of fat-loss supplements to work at their maximum potential. Losing fat takes a lot of hard work and discipline. And when I mention discipline, I mean plenty of it!
Just know that losing weight will not happen over night. Consistency is the key by dieting, exercising, and being active on a day-to-day basis.
Here are some tips:
1. Make Short-Term Goals
– One of the first steps on your journey of losing weight is by creating realistic goals for yourself. Don’t just say you want to loose 95lbs right off the bat…You should start off with something more realistic like maybe 5 or 10 pounds every couple of weeks. And when you achieve your short-term goals…Create another one, and so on and so forth.
– If you have an appetite like myself, you’ll often be tempted by foods that usually don’t benefit your road to losing weight. Often the foods are high in sugar, high in fats, and high in calories, any kind of junk foods, etc. If you are craving for something sweet, eat fruits such as an apple, orange, or a banana. These fruits can usually contain hardly any fat while at the same time provide nutrients that are essential to your body. If you must absolutely have a cheat day, moderation is the key. Limit yourself to one cheat day a week. And once you start making it a habit, raise the bar and limit yourself to once a month. Right now, I limit my cheat days to once a month.
3. Fast Foods
– Whenever you’re on the go, avoid giving into going to the fast food restaurant such as McDonald’s or Burger King. It would be beneficial if you brought a snack along with you such as any kind of fruit. And no, I’m not talking about a bag of Doritos either.
4. Eat Smart!
– Just because you are trying to lose weight does not mean you have to eat less. Believe it or not, eating less can sometimes do more harm than good. Eat smart. While cutting calories to a minimum, eat foods that are high in protein and high in vitamins and nutrients that the body needs. Don’t let your body starve itself.
– By exercising you can increase the rate of losing weight by burning fat and calories! Although losing weight depends more on your eating habits, exercising can definitely contribute to weight loss. Adding a weight-lifting program can also aid you in losing weight. What’s the source for burning calories? With weight-lifting, not only do you burn calories while you lift…You also burn calories hours and .
hours after your workout session is done. When your muscle fibers break down while lifting, it takes energy to rebuild these muscles. And what energy is your body using? Yep, calories. Lots and lots of calories. So even when your asleep, your body is still burning calories
By following these tips, you are sure to be on your way to losing weight! Good luck!